March 19, 2020
With the evolving situation surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we understand that it is affecting individuals and businesses in many ways. We hope everyone is safe during this unprecedented time. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those afflicted, their families and friends. We assure you that Ward Potter LLC is fully committed to the safety and health of our clients, our employees and our community, while ensuring minimal disruption to our work and client service.
Ward Potter has a strong infrastructure in place to support our business continuity efforts. We are leveraging those assets and policies and strengthening them where necessary to ensure our firm is in the best position to assist our clients without interruption during this time. It is a very stressful time as the world around us temporarily shuts down. We will remain open using technology.
• As a precaution, starting March 23, 2020, we are instituting a remote work from home policy for most of our employees. We have robust technology and a culture of flexibility that enables our employees to efficiently and effectively provide client service remotely.
• Even though we will be working remotely, our physical offices will be open on a limited basis. We will have a reduced staff handling only essential operations and we will only meet clients in person on an as-needed basis. We will continue to maintain and monitor the telephone lines during business hours, and we will be available for telephone conferences or video conferences as needed. As always, we will continue to monitor and respond to emails as quickly as schedules allow.
• Any documentation or information you need to send us for your case, please send to us electronically.
• We also have Dropbox capabilities which allow you to upload documents to a secure site. This can be coordinated with our staff if you would like to utilize Dropbox.
• We are providing updated training and bolstering resources on video conferencing and remote communication strategies to all employees. We encourage remote/virtual client meetings where possible to serve our clients efficiently and safely, and our staff will assist you in setting up video conferencing if necessary.
• Please note the Kansas Supreme Court has recently closed the courts other than for emergency hearings. As of now all trials or hearings previously scheduled have been continued, and we will be contacting you to discuss the specifics of your case. The court system is making adjustments on a daily basis, so we will keep you apprised to the status of any court appearances.
As always, the Ward Potter team is here for you. We are focused on delivering our legal services throughout this period just as we have done through other periods of turmoil. It is in such times that we are reminded that we are not only your business partner, but a member of the broader community, together with you and all our clients and other stakeholders. We all have a role to play in this evolving situation and we at Ward Potter will do our part. We will also post all updates to our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/WardPotterLLC/
Thank you for continuing to put your trust in us. Stay safe and well.
Sincerely, T. Lynn Ward Tony A. Potter
Managing Partner Partner